FUN FACTS ABOUT NUMBERS: 4 and 5
Greek philosopher and mathematician Pythagoras believed that “all things are numbers.” Racking your brain what he meant? We will help you reveal the hidden symbolism and meaning the numbers “4” and “5”! Welcome to the world of numbers!
Facts about “four”
- Didn’t you know that the English word for the number “4” is unique in its own way? It’s the only word denoting a number that is made up of the same number of letters!
- Most everyone knows that a four-leaf clover brings good luck. But did you know that it is an extremely rare variation since the chances of finding a four-leaf clover is nearly one in 10,000? Besides, only its fourth leaf signifies luck. The other three represent faith, hope, and love, respectively.
- The word “tetraphobia” that means the fear of the number “4” comes from the Greek words “tetras” and “phobos” but the majority of people with tetraphobia live in Asia. Asian people do their best to avoid the number “4” because it sounds similar to the word that denotes “death.” For example, you will never find the 4th floor as well as the floors from 40 to 49 in the Arch, a tall skyscraper in Hong Kong. In other buildings, the letter “F” is sometimes used to mark the 4th floor.
- It is the exact number of social classes in India: Brahmins (priests and scholars), Kshatriyas (warriors and rulers), Vaishyas (traders and farmers), and, finally, Shudras (laborers and servants).
Facts about “five”
- Unfortunately, we don’t know much about worms but there is a fact about those slippery earth lovers that we really want to share with you – a small worm has five hearts!
- Did you know why there are five rings on the Olympic flag? The five rings symbolize the five continents of the world that participate in the Olympic Games. The red ring represents Americas.
- The number “5” is traditionally used to symbolize the human body since there are one head, two arms, and two legs.
- When a woman delivers five babies at one time, they are called quintuplets. The Dionne Quintuplets are generally considered a miracle as all the baby girls survived their infancy. The sisters were born in Canada in 1934.
Elon Musk is the head of company...
FUN FACTS ABOUT NUMBERS: 6 and 7
What President of the United States was the first to have his photo taken? Why does the name of ninth month of the year come from a word meaning “seven”? Read a compilation of fun facts about numbers 6 and 7!
FUN FACTS ABOUT NUMBERS: 8 and 9
Welcome to the world of numbers 8 and 9! Find out how many sides an umbrella usually have, why the 2008 Summer Olympic Games kicked off at 8 seconds and 8 minutes past 8 pm, and what the most terrifying words in the English language are!